SIUE received a $1.2 million dollar grant to provide scholarships for aspiring middle and high school science teachers. The five year program will offer $11,500 scholarships to junior and senior students seeking a teaching certification in a STEM field. In addition there will be summer internships paying $2,500 for 200 hours of in-service training for freshman and sophomores.
The 2013-2014 Scholarship
Award Application Process is now
Please check back in the spring 2014 semester for information about applying for a summer internship (2014) or a scholarship award for the 2014-2015 school year.
Download an Informational Flyer
Download Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Who’s Eligible: Juniors/Seniors majoring in science, math or engineering who are willing to teach in high needs rural or urban school districts.
- Cover sheet – Click Here to download.
- Essay – Click Here for essay prompt.
- 3 letters of recommendation
What you get for the $11,500 award:
- $11,500 toward tuition and fees
- Mentorship from professionals
- Stimulating teaching opportunities
- Professional development and career guidance
- Research opportunities
- Continued support after graduation
For more information contact: Jessica Krim, Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 618-650-5824.